There are a lot of web hosting plan that supporting WordPress blog script. Looking for a place to host WordPress blog is not difficult since there are so many options to choose from. Basically, WordPress blog can be setup in any type of web hosting plans including
- Shared web hosting
- VPS web hosting
- Cloud web hosting
- Reseller web hosting
- Or dedicated server hosting
As long it’s supporting latest version of PHP 5 and running MySQL database, and allow .htaccess override to be upload to their server. Once all this features are there, you can start installing your first WordPress blog website. Today high performance web hosting plan will offer powerful 1-click installer program that enable quick installation of website. The famous installer tools are
- Simplescripts with nearly 100+ scripts.
- Softaculous installer.
- Fantastico installer.
For Fatcow hosting, this is a shared web hosting with vDeck and Simplescripts installer. To install WordPress script, you can login to Fatcow control panel and browse to “Simplescripts”. At here you will find there is WordPress script available for quick installation. Currently it’s showing latest WordPress version. If you require other version of WordPress, you can manually upload the WordPress scripts to server and do the installation, thus skip the installation through installer.
- Click to install a brand new version.
- Choose the version of WordPress you like to install.
- Choose which domain you would like to install WordPress.
- You can skip the advanced option which configures the administrator password and login.
- Skip the premium theme and plugin selection.
- Click and agree to the GPL term and condition.
- Complete the installation.
Following is the Fatcow WordPress installer looks like
After completing the WordPress installation, now is the time to configure the blog and customize it. Here are some of the things to do
- Login administrator page and change the contact email and login password.
- Select new WordPress theme and apply new design to your website. You can search for suitable theme from WordPress.org and import the theme into your blog and apply it to site.
- Install new WordPress plugins and extend the site functionality. Here are some of the must have WordPress plugin:
- Akismet spam filter
- All in one SEO pack
- Google XML sitemap
- W3 total cache
- WordPress database backup
- and many more.
- Customize the blog title and description.
- Add widget and customize the sidebar section.
- Now is the time to write your first blog post and create content.
- Continue to write more content!
Above are the steps to choose the best web hosting plan for WordPress and later how to setup the blog. We also include the must do on a new WordPress blog. If you need a new web hosting plan to host your blogs, we are recommending this Fatcow unlimited domain hosting!